26 February 2013

Australia Day GASS Sydney Final

It seems appropriate that I should mask my laziness towards textual composition by pretending that it is only fitting to recount my Australia Day weekend on the rescheduled Queensland Australia Day weekend, that is in fact, the weekend we've just had.

With that in mind, I thought that I would recount the 'spur of the moment' trip – one with a purpose of competing in the final round of the Body Science Great Australian Swim Series in Sydney Harbour, by providing heavier visual stimulus rather than composing an in depth scribe.

So with that said, the only preface I’ll put to the following photos is this:

I decided to try my hand at the final race of the series to see where I was fitness wise after having a good 2 months out of the water with a small injury. I’m glad I did this for two reasons – firstly the event itself is world class. The P&O event headquarters had a great vibe with over 1100 people ready to take the plunge into Sydney Harbour with the beautiful Opera House and Harbour Bridge setting a stunning backdrop for competitors to take in with every breath. I think I speak for nearly everyone when I say just how lucky we are to have the opportunity to swim each year in such a setting, all thanks to Ky Hurst, Neil McDonald, their team and series partners.

Secondly, I was able to see just where I was at with my injury and fitness levels as I had made the decision to pull out of Australian Championships (doubling as Worlds selection trials) by that stage. The result was far more pleasant than expected, coming third only a minute down on the lead.

So with that, I leave you to peruse over my visual captures of the weekend. If you feel overly inclined to see more – you can view the full set over on my Flickr page here.


Sydney Harbour

North Sydney Olympic Pool

Gordon's Bay

Gordon's Bay

Ruschcutter Bay

Rushcutter Bay

Vibe Hotel Rushcutter Bay Hotel Rooftop

Australia Day Morning

Top Three Elite Male
Top Three Male Elite

Cheers,







No comments:

Post a Comment